Every country has its own take on the beloved pizza. In Greece, pizza is different to what we have here in the USA. These pizzas tend to be smaller and use a healthy pita bread for the crust. Now let’s delve into the making of this Greek pita gourmet pizza recipe!
Greek Pita Gourmet Pizza Recipe
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, grated
- Topping of your choice (for extra Greek flavor, include oregano, crumbled feta, greek olives, salonika peppers)
- Jar of pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 6 pitas
Time and Servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Top your pitas with sauce, toppings and then cheese. You should note that a little extra oregano or crumbled feta cheese sprinkled on top will give your pizza an extra Greek flavor!
- Bake directly on a pizza stone or on the oven rack for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Take out of the oven and cut each pizza in half and serve. You can also include a greek salad and baklava for desert. So delicious!
Enjoy your Greek pita gourmet pizza. We have many more delicious pizzas for you to try. Visit BC Pizza and see all that we have on offer!